Riviera's people-powered innovation starts with you.
We are looking for an experienced and automation-obsessed DevOps engineer to wrangle operations and application support processes.
Riviera powers startups! It’s no secret that recruiting is broken. The current process leaves all engaged parties – candidates, clients, and recruiters alike – exhausted; this is all too telling of the status quo’s fundamental flaws. Candidates struggle to find the best jobs for their skillsets; clients can’t fill their open roles with the best people; a recruiter’s ability dictates the pace of information flow, for better or worse. When you combine these factors, the resulting experience leaves much to be desired and begs the question as to why nobody has yet cracked this code in a tech-driven world. Until now.
For the last decade, we’ve had our hand in building the hottest startups and well-known tech companies around. We believe everyone deserves to have a job they love, so we’re building a next-generation recruiting platform that matches job hunters with companies meeting their exact career needs and objectives. It’s designed to bring brilliant minds together in order to solve difficult challenges. We’re well on our way to delivering the most interesting career management software in existence and we need talented people like you on our team.
We are the best because we hire the best. If you are ready to say goodbye to the status quo and thrive in shades of gray, come be a part of something different!
About the Position
Riviera is looking for an experienced and automation-obsessed DevOps engineer to wrangle operations and application support processes. Working with our engineers, you will take a shared responsibility in designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services. You will be fully involved in building deployment and testing pipelines and infrastructure support services while delivering the best service and experience.
- Creating, deploying and supporting development, testing and production environments
- Building new environments in accordance with business needs
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues as they arise
- Write maintainable and extensible code to build and manage infrastructure and participate in code reviews
- Build systems to automate process, look after QA and maintenance, and manage virtual servers
- Release and change management, and incident and problem management both from a technology and process perspective
- Set up monitoring, tools, and security
- 3+ years-experience supporting a high-traffic production web-based service
- Elasticsearch Experience
- Experience with serious operational demands of scaling Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Distributed Messaging Systems
- Strong systems administration skill set in AWS environment
- Practical scripting language experience (bash, perl, etc)
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Appreciation for fast-paced startup-style environments and tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Desirable Attributes:
- Computer science background or training (OOP, Data Structures, Systems)
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with private or public Cloud infrastructure
- Participation in open source tools development, especially in the DevOps space
- Strong time management skills—the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints
We look forward to meeting you!
Learn more about the culture at Riviera, meet our team, and connect with us through our social channels below. We look forward to meeting you!
Riviera Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.