Come work for the Product Development team within Riviera Partners. Our team is accountable for developing the Sutro family of products. Sutro is the internal tool at the center of Riviera’s bespoke executive recruiting services. The product is built using leading tech and third-party services to provide our recruiters and clients with a data-driven, intelligent search platform.
Product Development is seeking a Software Engineering Manager who is ready to be part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer.
As the Software Engineer Manager you will drive implementation, maintenance, and enhancements of all Sutro components. You will participate the overall architecture of the system and design of the various components. You will also evaluate third-party partners and integrate their services as needed.
Your ability to be the technical leader, focus on service first, and part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your success, along with the teams.
What you will be doing
- Defining, evolving and communicating the team’s vision, mission, and strategy across Riviera.
- Collaborating with Product and technical leaders to build a roadmap for your team and growing the team to execute on that roadmap.
- Executing on team's goals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Leading and mentoring a team of engineers to be best in class as it relates to all aspects of product development.
What you should have
- You have at least 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- You have hands-on experience in API design and development and are up-to-date on standard methodologies for modern frontend engineering and developer platforms.
- You’re excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- You can contemplate several, and often conflicting, constraints and make rapid decisions. You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with Product Management and other engineering teams on Riviera’s Platform. You can then be accountable for driving project execution.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations, and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- 2+ years of people management experience in a technology environment
- 4+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- BS/BA degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with automation, regression, and performance testing
- 4+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours as needed to accomplish project objectives on time
Riviera Product Development is a fun, diverse, and inclusive team that treats their colleagues extraordinarily well. We encourage and support each other’s growth and we do not expect any single candidate to have expertise across all of these areas.
Learn more about the culture at Riviera, meet our team, and connect with us through our social channels below. We look forward to meeting you!
Blog – http://rivierapartners.com/blog/
Riviera Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.
We are an E-Verify employer.